Episencial Sunny Sunscreen Details

by Citrus Lane

We wanted to address some of the confusion about the packaging on the Episencial Sunny Sunscreen that many of our customers received this month.

We had arranged to send a special 1.5 oz deluxe travel size, which our partner Episencial manufactured exclusively for us.  Episencial recently redesigned their packaging, but this left them with a significant number of tubes with their previous branding.  In the interest of reducing waste, we and Episencial made the eco-friendly choice to use these larger available tubes for our special order.  We also arranged to print special Citrus Lane stickers for the bottles, so that the 1.5 oz size would be clearly displayed–we sincerely apologize for the confusion this generated.  We were so excited to send the sunscreen, and we hope that you will be able to enjoy this special size – we throw it into our purses, backpacks, and diaper bags to ensure that we’re never caught out in a sunny situation unprepared!

{ 91 comments… read them below or add one }

Jennifer Meyer June 19, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Booo, spoiler alert, my box hasn’t come yet, and now I won’t be surprised when I get sunscreen :)

Allison June 19, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I second this!

Katie Stack June 19, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Thanks – ours is in with our overnight stuff already. I don’t think one can have too much sun screen. I love citrus lane – I took pictures of my little one opening her box today!

Robynn Faughnan June 19, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Clears up the confusion and it’s awesome! I have it in my purse!

Dori June 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Perfectly happy with it! Already in the beach bag!

Amber Johnson June 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm

This is the problem I have with this:
Your website says that Citrus Lane boxes include 4-5 full size items. This month we got 3 full size items and 1 sample size item. It seems like the sunscreen should have been full to live up to what your website says that you get when you subscribe to Citrus Lane.

amanda June 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm

i agree – didn’t even realize it!

Danielle June 19, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Agreed. I was a bit disappointed with this month’s box. A hat, a sandbox toy (we don’t have a sandbox and there isn’t one at the park either), sunscreen, and a happy tots squeeze. Not thrilled.

melissa June 19, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I also agree this was the first time I got a box and I am not happy with what came in it. first of all my son is 11 months and he got a hat for 0-6 months. I will no longer join citrus lane… its a scam

erica June 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I would contact them about the hat…my son is 9 mos and got a 6-18 month hat. And, I agree kind of a disappointing box this month

Renee July 3, 2013 at 8:57 am

Just contact them about the hat. My little girl is 6 months old and we got the 0-6, so I contacted them and they sent a 6-18 within the same week.

maria m June 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Very much agreed. I was So excited. The theme was great n could do so much but then after opening…sadly disappointed.

Sara Adams June 19, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Agreed!! I am strongly considering canceling my subscription due to the lacking monthly boxes! So sad :(

Wendy Rose June 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Agree. I haven’t gotten my box yet (hopefully tomorrow!), but I’ve seen the spoilers and it does look like only 3 full-sized items. I have no problem with the smaller sunscreen, but then there should have been one other full-sized product as well.

carla g June 19, 2013 at 7:54 pm

agree as well. CL did not live up to it’s word. very disappointed

Lisa Kumpula June 19, 2013 at 10:58 pm

I totally agree and have already canceled my subscription. I have had the boxes delivered over the past nine months and they have been things we have tried already, the box has been “skinny”, or they have been items that my daughter has been not interestedin/outgrown already. Soooo disapointing. I even provided feedback in the customer satisfaction surveys every month with no response to my dissatisfaction. BOOO. I am ready to try the Stork Stack.

Janine June 20, 2013 at 5:50 am

Stork stack is worse! Try googaro.

Bobbi June 20, 2013 at 5:43 pm

We are road testing Citrus Lane and Stork Stack at the same time and based on the first box we have received from each we are bigger fans of Stork Stack.

Tasha July 5, 2013 at 7:43 pm

We received a Googaro box as a gift and I have to say I LOVED it. I hope the subsequent boxes are as thoughtfully chosen. It’s a little bit more expensive than CL and Stork Stack but you get what you pay for.

Penney Davis June 19, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Thank you for taking the time to clear up the confusion! :)

Michelle June 19, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I was slightly disappointed as well. I only have 1 or 2 more boxes in my subscription, an this one wasn’t up to par with what I expect to see from citrus lane. We don’t have access to sand either, my little one hates hats, and he doesn’t eat puréed food anymore. Just a little disappointed this month.

Kat June 19, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I cancelled after this order…it was my first month and did not want to throw another $50(I have two kids) to give it another chance…I would rather pick out my own stuff at that price. The sunscreen made us all look like zombies…not a fan.

Carrie June 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I agree I was also disappointed in this months box. Seemed like we got a lot of cheap stuff. I’m usually excited and happy with what’s in the box but not so much this month. I might cancel mine as well.

Sarah June 19, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Most disappointing box to date especially since I now know the sunscreen is not even enough for one application. Will be canceling ASAP!

Natasha June 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Super bummed to hear what has come in boxes this month. This is my first month subscribing and I got one box for each kid. It hasn’t arrived yet, but I’m not excited at all now!

Madison June 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I wasn’t too disappointed since this was our first box and we got it at a discounted price but I do understand what those ones who paid full price are saying. When I calculated the cost of the box with what we got it came up to less than the cost of a full price box. Next month is our deciding month whether we keep our subscription or not.

Megan June 19, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I Didn’t Realize but I Agree. I’ll Use Next Month To Decide If We’ll Keep Our Subscription. :)

Rebecca Medina June 20, 2013 at 3:28 am

I agree with you on that. This was also our first month and we got it discounted so next month will be the deciding vote.

Becky June 28, 2013 at 5:20 am

I fully agree – my husband was very disappointed in what came in the box. Had this not been our first box and thus half off, I would have cancelled ASAP. Waiting to see what next month’s box will be before making a decision. HATE the sunscreen though – none of us will touch it. It’s gooey and does not rub in well. My son screams his head off when we try to put it on him. Guess we will stick to Coppertone. I do want to say something good though because not everything in this box was negative – even though the sunscreen is a fail and my son won’t wear his hat, he does truly enjoy the little boat and the octopus squirter. Alas, we could have picked up similar toys at the dollar store but at least he likes something out of this box! :) Here’s hoping next month will make us happy!

Beckie June 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm

If this is true why didn’t you come right out with it? My guess is you chose these tubes bc they had them left over and gave you a deal you couldn’t pass up to take them off their hands. Then people got upset and it took you a while to come up with a story you thought would make it all ok. People are more and more green today so you figured if you put it all on the environment we’d be good. I for one and NOT that naive!!!!

carla g June 19, 2013 at 7:56 pm

agree. why not just fill the tubes in the first place???

Shanna June 20, 2013 at 12:34 am

Episencial has already come out and said they gave them to CL for free. I feel its pretty shady on CL’s part to put them in our box like that. Since January the boxes have been on a steady decline. It’s just really sad that CL would do this to everyone.

Stephanie June 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I was not super thrilled with this box either. Mainly because my hat is white and floppy, my son looks like a girl in it. Was a little jealous of my friend who got a blue one with tractors for her son.

For those of you with no access to sand we used our sand toy for cloud dough (which is a fun project and easy to make)

4 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of baby oil (you can double the recipe for more fun) but kept my son engaged for hours, he’s 2 1/2! :) We used our water table to play but I’m sure the citrus lane box could possibly work too, in a smaller amount and more of a sensory thing!

Elizabeth June 19, 2013 at 7:24 pm

This was my first pictures box. I will be completely honest and say I was greatly disappointed. I don’t think I’ll renew my subscription,

Gwenn June 19, 2013 at 7:25 pm

This box was my make-it-or-break-it box. I was happy with last month’s box and if I was happy with this month’s then I’d continue. Needless to say I’m canceling. My son hasn’t eaten puréed food in months, hate hats (bright yellow with peace signs was too much for me anyway), and the sample sunscreen was unimpressive. I hope to use the sieve for something cool, but for now it’s just another bath toy.

Shandus June 19, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Have to agree with the majority opinions on here. :-( I was disappointed with my box today. My daughter also hates hats, also doesn’t eat pureed food, and I also didn’t realize the sunscreen tube wasn’t full. She was just given a plastic sand bucket last weekend at a party, so all in all, I was extremely bummed by the contents of the box. It does not seem that the total cost of all the items individually would have been as much as the cost of the subscription. I’m hoping next month will more than make up for this; if not, I’ll be canceling as well. I am not one to complain, but I think it’s important that Citrus Lane hears our feedback!

Ashley June 19, 2013 at 7:50 pm

This is the last box in our subscription after many disappointing boxes. The first last October was great. Actually had 5 items including something useful for me. Not all kids are the same so a lot of the complaints above have nothing to do with CL and are irrelevant. However, we’re cancelling because frankly we aren’t getting our money’s worth. A company that has to issue a statement like this is poorly run and needs to rethink their gameplan. Not the first and certainly won’t be the last of many shady practices out there. Such a shame for such a great idea for a busy working parent like myself but I would rather take my hard earned money and pick out awesome stuff.for my daughter myself than get ripped off by a fad company.

Michelle June 19, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I must say along with everyone else how disapointed I am. This was my first month and was hoping for some wonderful things. I have 2 kids and both boxes were almost exactly the same!! Will be cancelling!

Erin June 19, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I guess I didn’t pay attention to the sunscreen when I opened the box earlier. I was just excited because our tube was almost gone so I was going to have to buy some anyways. I’m not thrilled with the hat being white. My son has the exact same hat in stripes and it’s great but what 1 year old boy will keep a white hat remotely clean? I had to look at the paper to see what the sand toy was. It was so heavy. Even if you don’t have sand, I’m sure you can find something to use it for. Water play would be fun or some kind of art project. My 3 year old gobbled up the pouch right away. She loves those! I’m sad because this was our last box. We love getting goodies every month, but my 6 month discount expired and I can’t justify spending $25 a month for things we don’t “need”. Hoping they’ll offer special pricing again soon!

Megan June 19, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Unfortunately, I have to agree with many of the views expressed here…I was so happy with our initial box last month that I’ve been waiting excitedly for this months arrival! It came today and I’m a bit underwhelmed. A sunhat with a not-so-cute print, the small sunscreen, a food pouch and two “beach” toys that really look like they came from the $1 section at Target…I’m sad to say that I’m also considering canceling. This box certainly wasn’t worth $25, boo.

Megan June 19, 2013 at 8:18 pm

You Got 2 Toys? Maybe I ShouldBe More Upset. I Didn’t Really Realize I Was Getting jipped Until I Read All The Comments!

Rebecca June 20, 2013 at 3:33 am

I was just going to say I only received one toy also.

Sarah June 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I have to agree with the other customers who were not impressed with this month’s package. This is our second month receiving a box and it definitely was not worth the investment. The hat we received was the perfect size and super cute. That one item we like. The sand toy and small bath toy were immediately tossed aside by our son. The sunscreen felt empty which seemed very cheap to me. I saw the sticker and knew what they did but it still seemed cheap. The food pouch was disgusting. My husband tried to feed it to our 9 month old and then our 2 year old. Neither would eat it, and they have never refused any food. Ever.
I may be adding my name to the growing list of cancelations here. Plus after last month I referred a bunch of friends and now some of them are disappointed too so I feel like a jerk. Bummer.

Janelle June 19, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I’d also like a response on the question of why we are receiving sample sizes. The reason we chose Citrus Lane over Bluum Box is because your website clearly states “full size items”. This is the first sample size we have received but I’d like to know for future reference that you do not intend to start sending trial sizes unless its in addition to the 4 promised products.

Amanda Noddings June 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I have a lot of disappointment in the last couple boxes. Unlike a lot if posters above, my daughter loves her hat, she eats anything (there was no food in my box), she is enjoying her plastic toy, and I’m sure well use the sunscreen. My complaint is that those three items really don’t seem to be worth $25 to me, as the last boxes haven’t either. She gets so excited for her box, but I always have to hide my disappointment. I’d probably do better to ship her one myself and fill it from home. In fact, I think I will. :(

Jen June 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I was also pretty disappointed in this month’s box. We got a cute hat but my son hates it. On the upside, my son ate half of the sunscreen this morning while I thought he was playing with the toy and box, so I’m thrilled to hear it wasn’t full! :)

Chelsea June 21, 2013 at 6:32 pm

LOL!!! I’m with the group in that I was disappointed. I was getting more and more frustrated reading the comments, but yours was a breath of fresh air! Too funny! Thanks for the laugh! And it’s good to know that if your little one opens their mouth outside they won’t get a sunburned tongue :)

Krista June 19, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I too was disappointed and this was my first box as well. I got a big white floppy hat, a sand pail, some blueberry and beets rice cakes, and the sunscreen. I do like the sunscreen and will probably go to the company to get more. I have an allergy to the sun and it has the highest level of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (which create a physical barrier between your skin and the uv rays) of any sunscreen I’ve found. I have a sand and a water table so the sand pail will get used but as it’s been said, there should have been 4-5 full size items in the box and there wasn’t. I don’t know that I’ll continue getting boxes.

Samiya June 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

CL has been nothing but disappointing for the past few months. This will definitely be our last month. Even my 10 yr old was disappointed with his sister’s box this month.

Jenna June 19, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I was disappointed prior to reading all these comments, mostly because our sunscreen was a waste. We live at a high elevation and it exploded. Something CL should consider when shipping boxes to Colorado as the pressure make everything expand.

Then to find out we got 1 toy and others got 2.

I also must say I wasn’t keen on getting pouches for my 4 month old (in April) as pediatrics professionals don’t recommend foods until at least 6 months. And today to get a blended food pouch of more than 1 food (a big no-no for new eaters) and crisps last month? The value is severely lacking. Will give it one more month.

Jessica June 19, 2013 at 9:27 pm

yeah- this was our first month and our last… I was definitely not impressed. Super cheap chalk, a floppy hat and a plastic mold for sand that we’ll never use as we live no where near a beach… LAME. I really wish this had been what I dreamed of as it would’ve been a great incentive for my sweet daughter. When y’all figure out a quality box email me.

Natalie June 19, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Can’t say I was happy about my 2nd box… $1 looking chalk a hat and sunscreen. Doubt it was worth my $25 sad to say I will be another costumer to be canceling CL.

Courtney June 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Agree with all the other comments- Such a disappointment! This was our first and will be our last box. We could have gone out and purchased these items for a cheaper price. Not worth the money and not worth the disappointment. Maybe get a few more “worth your wild” items that make it worth the $$ each month. I also noticed how inconsistent each box is (same age)…people are going to post pictures so don’t you think you should keep them the same so someone doesn’t realize you cheated them?!

Tao June 19, 2013 at 10:39 pm

My daughter is 19 month old and they sent me a hat for 6-18 months. Needless to say it is too small for her, especially she has a big head for her age. Can’t even return or exchange this. Pretty disappointed.

melissA June 19, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I have been a subscriber for a year now and I loved each and every box in 2012, but since the beginning of this year every box is pretty disappointing.i get 2 boxes every month, one for my 2 year old and 1 for my 16 month old. this month I got a 6-18 mo hat that doesn’t even come close to fitting my son. it’s way too small! kids over 1 should be getting hats in the 2t size range. the box was so disappointing, again. I’m pretty sure it’s time to canc. go back to the old way of doing the boxes! list the prices and give moms a little something, I loved that every month.

Margie June 21, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I agree. I thought 2012 was great! They seem to be repeating the same products now. My son is now 19 months now. I have been a subscriber since January 2012. May be time to cancel.

Ashli June 20, 2013 at 4:33 am

I was excited to see a cute sun hat in this months box, since we live at the beach! Unfortunately, when I visited the iplay website to order swimwear for my little one, they have NONE?! I can’t even find the hat that we got in our box.
This was disappointing, time to find more customer friendly/reliable vendors!

Heather June 20, 2013 at 4:58 am

This was not my favorite box as I am not a huge fan of sunhats. With that said my kids really enjoyed their boxes and even wore the hats to my surprise. To those saying the value wasn’t there, some of the stuff, yes I felt like came from a dollar store. The sand toys and chalk will be used and loved though. I think a large amount of value came from the iplay hats which are around $13. The sand toys were $3-$6, food pouches $2, sunblock even being sample size is a good chunk of change that we will call $2. Then to ship… I couldn’t have put these specific items in a box and spent really any less. I could have got the same items different brands cheaper though. Also, the boxes that had 2 toys, had 2 toys because they were tiny toys such as a small spoon and a small mold. Comparing that to 1 bucket ect really isn’t anything to think you got gipped on.

With that said… This was our second month and both month we only paid the $15 price tag. We were happy at that price point with what we got. I am not sure if we will buy again next month or not at the $25 price point.

Rebecca June 20, 2013 at 5:11 am

This is our 2nd box and I’m cancelling. May’s box was great, June’s not so great. Two nice things, 2 dollar store items and a sample???

Natasha June 20, 2013 at 6:04 am

I too was disappointed by the box. I like the bucket sand toy, and the sun hat is good quality, but if they got the sublocks for free (or at least at a reduced price? Did they pay for the actual sunblock?) They should have had the funds to add a full sized product like promised.

Alyssa June 20, 2013 at 7:48 am

This box is worth less than the full price of the subscription – seriously the value only comes to $23-$24 on amazon. Why even bother subscribing if you don’t get your money’s worth? And if you buy your own sand sieve from Target’s dollar spot, the value goes down to $18! RIP OFF. At least provide a full tube of sunscreen or an additional product – this box was really 3 products and a sample which is NOT what they advertised at all. I’m definitely cancelling when my subscription runs out.

Chanell June 20, 2013 at 10:29 am

Agree this months box was a let down. 4 meh items total (I do like the hat though). Also is there some reason we didn’t get the insert with the breakdown of products & vendors? I feel like this was a sloppily put together box that seemed like a last minute ordeal.

Erika June 20, 2013 at 10:42 am

While I love the excitement of the box, not knowing what is coming, and trying new things…this month I am sad. I know that I take the chance of not liking everything 100%, but even getting one item that rocks my world :( . My first month box was great and I didnt like everything in it. I will give it another month, however I am gonna add another company to see the difference.

Tricia Adams June 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm

This was our very first box. We are so happy about everything that was inside!! I didn’t notice the sunscreen was small. I was excited it was just in there!! Not sure why everyone is so upset. I already can’t wait to see our next box. We are ording one for both kids next month!! Thanks Citrus Lane, I’m a very happy Mamma and my littles love everything.

audrey June 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm

That does explain the half empty feeling bottle. However we received a bottle missing the “exclusive Citrus Lane sticker” label. So, it appears that we just got an open bottle of sunscreen. The container itself is for 2.7 oz, but it was not sealed. Since when did Episencial stop putting seals on their products? It is nice to have a small size container for on the go applications, easy to throw in a diaper bag, purse, beach bag or stroller pocket. Although, with such little product in the bottle it will be unlikely that this will last the whole summer and that is sad and a bit thoughtless too. A good idea was there, the execution was however, lacking at best.

Michelle Cobb June 20, 2013 at 4:17 pm

This was my 3rd box…I’m quite disappointed because:
1) Citrus Lane advertises “4 or 5 FULL size items” each month…this month I had a hat, a rubber ducky, a $1.50 food pouch, and a trial size sunscreen.

2) The hat should have been included in last month’s box…June is almost over, and we bought a hat already so our kiddo could be covered ALL summer long. So we spent $8 on a nice sun hat already, plus wasted $25 on a lame CL box :(

3) The Boon duck smells weird…my 6 month old is teething and puts everything in his mouth. I don’t feel at all comfortable letting him play with the duck given the smell of the duck.

I know that the retail total of the 4 items is more than $25, but realistically, who could go out pay $25 for a teeny amount of sunscreen, a rubber ducky, a food pouch, and a hat?

I talk about CL all the time, but am a bit embarassed now that I recommend this company when they delivered such a lousy product this month :( Hopefully CL redeems itself in July.

Jessie June 20, 2013 at 4:42 pm

To make a travel size a good value, it should be 3 oz so that we can carry it On to an airplane but still get maximum sunscreen usage out of the container. Big fail here CL. Talk about not green in more ways than one….will have to spend more of my own green on sunscreen once this skimpy tube is used up plus waste more packaging. Very disappointed. Plus the sand toys are not “full size.” Their set of toys includes 5 items, not a plastic crab and boat. Where’s my kid’s shovel or sifter that he can actually use in the sand?

Deepa June 20, 2013 at 6:25 pm

My first box, and like everyone else, I was deeply disappointed. I’ve always enjoyed surprise packages and was so looking forward to opening our box. With a sun hat, a rubber ducky, a sample size sunscreen (couched in a full size tube) and a single serve of Happy Baby pureed food, I don’t think the box justifies the $25 I’ve paid for it, AT ALL. I regret taking a 6-month subscription and I do hope that you take all this feedback seriously and up the ante on your future boxes.

Michelle June 21, 2013 at 9:07 am

Glad to hear I was not the only one disappointed with our first box. While I like the hat my daughter got and the rubber duck, I don’t think the box was worth the monthly charge at all. I’ll give CL one more chance to see if next month’s box is better, but if not I’ll be cancelling.

Laurie June 21, 2013 at 10:21 am

CL- can you please address these concerns? It seems as if you’re going to be losing many customers, how are you going to rectify this month’s box?

Steph June 21, 2013 at 1:06 pm

While it seems this months boxes for my two boys is lower value than previous months, I am still happy. I subscribe to the CL boxes because I want to try new things, brands and learn about green/eco stuff. This box had a Haba Toy, iPlay hat and Episcencial product–those are SERIOUSLY HUGE name brands in quality toy and kid products. I’m willing to stick it out with a company when I am getting an even amount for my money. Past months have REALLY wowed me mostly with the green toys, innobaby and cloud-b–I’m willing to wait it out with this company that is growing tremendously and just gift anything I didn’t like or want to preggo friends or someone at our church. I don’t want to bail when I’ve been SO happy other times this year.

Erika June 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I loved the hat and the baby food but I was really disappointed with this month :/ it wasn’t up to the quality it usually is.. A lot of my friends get this to and they are extremely disappointed and a lot are also canceling.

Melissa June 21, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I have been a citrus lane subscriber since January when some of my mommy friends were raving about their December boxes. I subscribed then. I’ve been happy each month with one or two items, the rest, meh. This month, I was excited about the sunscreen until I saw the small quantity the bottle actually contained. That is barely enough for one application. According the the American academy of Dermatology 1 ounce (2/3 of this “trial size”) is enough to covere exposed areas of the body. (http://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/health-and-beauty/general-skin-care/sun-protection/sunscreen-labels/how-to-select-a-sunscreen) The tiny boat and squeeze dolphin, eh, she’ll play with the boat in the tub, the dolphin will get molded inside, and I’ve already got a hat and another I ordered because its JUNE and I wanted to protect her head.

Melissa June 21, 2013 at 6:43 pm

The AAD also says you should reapply every 2 hours while in the sun or after swimming or sweating, so realistically, this “throw in your bag” product isn’t even enough for one person for 1 day.

Chelsea June 21, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Our sample size sunscreen is even less than that. Our dinky sample size sunscreen is 0.75 ounces! Citurs LAME!

Lisa June 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Reading through these comments I’m even more confused! We got a sunhat, a food pouch, a rubber ducky, and foot cream “for mom” and no sunscreen. I just finished writing customer service because this was my first box and I was very disappointed to find a product for me in there, when they clearly market themselves as products “for your child”. Is this normal to include products for the parents? Very disappointed!

Jessica June 23, 2013 at 8:38 am

I’m also pretty disappointed in this box. It was our first so I think we might try one more month. We received a sun hat however we had already bought one since its near the end of June. A rubber ducky (6.99 at buy buy baby), a food pouch, and foot lotion (9.99). So yes, 4 full size things and the price does exceed the $25 spent on the box (just by $10) but with good shopping and coupons I’m sure i could have done better. We’ll see for next month.

Teresa June 23, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I’m commenting because I know that for the most part only dissatisfied customers comment and us rather satisfied ones rarely do. I agree with a previous commenter, this is name brand stuff – Haba, iPlay, HappyBaby. I get HappyTot squeezies for $2, Haba is expensive, and my kid loves hats and sand toys. For $25, I’m totally satisfied with our box. And P.S., I’ve been satisfied with the other two boxes I’ve received, as well.

Kimberly June 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm

This was our first box, and it was so-so. Love the rubber ducky, but we’ll have to take it in the pool since we don’t have a tub. The hat is cute, but huge on our little guy right now. The food pouch looks nice, and I love the foot lotion. Not quite what we were expecting from the info page and previous reviews, but we did get half off our first box. Going to try one more and month, then decide if this might be more exciting when our boy is a bit older. At 5 months, he just isn’t into opening boxes yet! This seems like it would be great for a 3 year old, though.

Crystal June 24, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Wow! So many negative comments. I will receive my first box in July and I hope it will be better than June’s. I was so excited to join CL until I read all of these comments. I would like to give my subscription a few months. I think when you get a surprise box you should expect to have some items here and there that you may not need or want. That is what you get yourself into when you sign up for something like this. However, I do expect it to be age and developmentally appropriate and I expect the company to live up to what they say they include. We shall see.

Tara June 25, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’m all for the surprise too.. but when you get items that aren’t worth what you paid, you feel ripped off. If I just didn’t “like” what I got, I’d give them away as gifts. What we got was dollar store junk.

Mercedes June 25, 2013 at 8:13 am

My 2 cents on the “CL devastating sunscreen misshap”:
1. Since most of the cost of manufacturing a product in in fact the packaging, why not take that packaging that “is available” and fill it up completely? I’m thinking it would have cost an additional nickel to completely fill each tube of sunscreen. Receiving a half filled tube is annoying- it means that from the very get go I’m playing the “end of the tube of toothpaste squeezing match” with my product. Not cool.
2. Also, not the most ecologically minded decision. Why use all that extra plastic and larger lid (designed for a tube that probably holds 4 oz) for only 1.5 ounces of product? Plus, a lot is going to get wasted since I’ll never fully succeed at getting it all out from inside the tube.
It sounds like you have already been raked over the coals for this one, so I won’t go further. I’ve liked CL for the most part, but this wasn’t one of the best product decisions.

Tara June 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

My box had…
A big floppy White Hat- for a 2 1/2 year old boy? um no.
Chalk- Dollar store find
1 Sand Toy- Dollar store find
Half empty of sunblock- free sample size

I cancelled. I feel like I was scammed. This company probably gets these products on surplus from companies, throws it in a cute box and sells it to us suckers. Over a $25 value!!! … No…. I’m done.

Whitney June 26, 2013 at 9:49 pm

WOW, again I have to say I cannot believe the negativity, hostility and quite frankly what comes off as slight immaturity of some of you.
First off: the boxes are supposed to be a surprise.. Yet anyone on Facebook that doesn’t get their boxes until the end of the delivery periods allotted already know what’s coming. So thank you for ruining that aspect. You’re awesome.
Second: if they have 100k subscribers not all of us can be happy all the time… Do you people really think they have the ability to magically make us all 100% happy each month?
Third: those hats are probably worth half of what this months subscription price was. I for one live in an area I can’t personally go purchase any of these items so I’m totally happy with the box.
Fourth: the sheer joy on my daughters face is worth way more than the $25 a month when she sees the now recognizable box. I’m a single mom on SSDI for a spinal cord injury who is NOT getting financial help from my ex husband. This is a frivolous thing for me to do, and the happiness it brings her means way more to me than making sure each penny of the subscription is accounted for. While this is only our third box I know our first one was WAY over $25.
It all balances out and we have received some fantastic products that I would otherwise have to hunt down online and buy.

Tiffany June 28, 2013 at 5:32 am

I know I’m not really saying anything new but wanted to add my sentiments as well so that hopefully CL can turn this around. July’s box had better be super awesome. I am slightly offended that CL is so obviously trying to turn a profit that they are willing to overlook the quality of their boxes. I’m all for them getting good deals on the products they send us. But we had better not notice a difference. My $25 a month is a luxury expense, and not a cheap one. I have three kids, but only have them send one box and put in the age of my twins because I figured that would be most effective for my family. We live at the beach so I’m ok with beach toys, but one little sand sifter, a small purée pouch, a hat (which NONE of my kids will ever wear!) and a “travel size” sunscreen?! Not worth $25. I’m sorry, it’s not! Then I find out that not everyone’s box had the same amount of toys, etc and this is to the point of ridiculous.
Like I said, July had better be worth it or it will be a mass exodus of people canceling their subscriptions. Like, rock my socks off, extra items to make up for June, coolest and newest products on the market. Isn’t that what the box is supposed to be about anyway?

Nicole Pearce June 30, 2013 at 12:31 pm

It was a lame box, but what is worse is the lame excuse given! Admit it was a sub-standard box and maybe you won’t lose so many customers. Honest companies are hard to find these days…I was hoping CL would at least be honest and not just make up a bad excuse.

Milissa July 2, 2013 at 7:54 am

I am pretty happy with my boxes too. I am in the 3 month category. The hat, lotion, ducky and puree, would have cost me more that $25.00 so I am happy.

Renee July 3, 2013 at 9:07 am

Anybody else get a .75 ounce sample of sunscreen? Was that an accident?

Michelina July 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I cancelled. The sun hat would have been great in an April box which is when I bought sun hats for the upcoming summer. And yes, the sand toys were Haba which is a great company but I would never buy Haba sand toys when I can get sand toys for $1 at Target. The purée pouch wasn’t fun or new and I don’t really have anything to say about the sunscreen fiasco that hasn’t already been said.

Tracy July 12, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Why isn’t Citrus Lane responding to all of this dissatisfaction? Your customers, me included, obviously feel cheated and taken advantage of. Clearly Citrus Lane doesn’t care about their customers! At least I’m not a customer anymore!

seiko instrument 株インス alba セイコー October 21, 2013 at 10:55 pm